According to the NFPA, National Fire Protection Association, there are steps you can take as a homeowner to ensure the safety of your family and property. Here are a few of those steps:
- Do not use the dryer without a lint filter.
- Make sure you clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry. Remove lint that has collected around the drum.
- Rigid or flexible metal venting material should be used to sustain proper air flow and drying time.
- Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted and the outdoor vent flap will open when the dryer is operating.
- Once a year, or more often if you notice that it is taking longer than normal for your clothes to dry, clean lint out of the vent pipe or have a dryer lint removal service do it for you.
Schedule your cleaning
Ledegar Roofing's service department is experienced in keeping your home safe and running efficiently. Call today to schedule your dryer venting cleaning and for any of the other services listed to the right.