Metal Shake and Slate style shingles are innovatively designed to mimic the old world warmth and style of classic slate and cedar roofing patterns.
The metal shingles come in a variety of colors, are Energy Star® approved, and coated with Kynar® 500 paint finish, for a 35-year warranty against fading or flaking. They are manufactured with a unique 4-way interlocking system and are tested to withstand winds up to 160mph. Ledegar installed steel roofs also have the highest possible hail rating (class 4).
Our photo gallery can show you some of your color options.
Benefits of Metal Roofing:
- Last for generations while regular asphalt shingle roofs typically last 10-15 years
- Lower energy bills by deflecting heat in summer
- Can lower your homeowners insurance (contact your agent for info)
- Add fire protection! Steel roofs are not flammable.
- Are 100% recyclable and are manufactured from a minimum of 25% recycled materials
- Withstand extreme weather conditions. Steel roofs and metal shingles have been known to stand up to everything from earthquakes to hurricanes.
- Fire, pest, critter, insect-resistant
- MYTHS: Steel roofs are NOT louder than other roofs! They are actually quieter than most. Read about other common metal roof misconceptions.
- A metal roof can be the last roof you ever put on! Contact us to learn more.
Wood shakes, most commonly known as Cedar Shakes, are as old as roofing itself. When man moved out of his thatched hut and into permanent building structures, he needed a product that would provide years of protection for his homestead. Since the only inexpensive, readily available building material was lumber, wood shakes were born.
Wood shakes and wood shingles are manufactured from western red cedar, cypress, pine and redwood trees. Shakes are split from logs and reshaped by manufacturers for commercial use. They are thicker near the base than shingles; generally one or both surfaces are split to obtain a textured effect. A split and resawn shake has a split face and sawn back. A taper sawn shake has a natural taper and is sawn on both sides. Wood shingles are sawn on both sides and have an even taper and uniform thickness.
Wood shakes provide you with a time-proven durable roof that will last for years to come along with a second-to-none sense of natural beauty and rustic colonialism. Wood shakes are eligible for a 20 or 25 year limited warranty, with a life expectancy of approximately 40 years.